Friday, March 21, 2014

First BOOK Friday--Tara Lain




It's First BOOK Friday!  For the next few months, we're going to highlight the first book from some of our author friends!  Sometimes people find an author further down their backlist, sometimes readers think they're picking up the first book when really it's number 3 or so, sometimes the first book was just so long ago!  :)   So we thought it would be fun to revisit the books that started it all for some of our friends!


This month we're featuring the first book from Tara Lain, Genetic Attraction.


A note from Tara:




Since I’m a non-fiction writer by profession, people always told me I should write a novel – but it just sounded like work! Then I discovered erotic romance and finally found something so fun I wouldn’t mind writing at night and on the weekends too! I created a plot about a renowned genetic researcher who has a huge crush on her younger research partner. As I was plotting the book, I read my first MM romance. I loved it and was instantly hooked. I decided to add another man to my novel. What if the “girlfriend” that my young researcher lives with turned out to be his boyfriend, and what if they both fall in love with my heroine? In one stroke, I went from a nice vanilla romance writer to a writer of MM and ménage romance and Genetic Attraction was born. The book went on to win lots of awards and truly launched my career as an author of The Beautiful Boys of Romance.


Blurb:

At a conservative Long Island University, renowned researcher, Dr. Emmaline Silvay, has two great loves -- her life-saving work, and her younger research partner, Jake Martin. The romantic love is impossible. She’s his boss and he lives with his girlfriend. But his “girlfriend” is actually a boyfriend; the beautiful and infamous supermodel, Roan Black.

Resigned to a platonic relationship, Em accepts a weekend invitation to their home, but the men have a ménage on their minds. She can’t resist, doesn’t even want to. But their intentions go far beyond passion. They want her to “be a part of them.” Their three-way love defies propriety and the standards of the University that funds their work. The supermodel’s fame makes secrecy impossible. Their ménage threatens to crumble all she’s worked for. What will give way to make room for genetic attraction?


Watch the trailer

Add to your library here!

2 comments:

Skylar Kade said...

Tara, thanks for stopping by!

Tara Lain said...

Thank you all so much for featuring Genetic Attraction! I'm honored to be here. : )