Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Guest Blogger Nancy Corrigan - Beautiful Mistake

Beautiful Mistake
Book 2, Royal Pride

Lena will do anything to protect the shifter child her family takes in, even turn herself into bait. Although she knows better than to fall for a shifter, Devin, the man who captures her, is unlike any she’s ever tangled with. Their desire is unquenchable and the draw to him is undeniable, but their relationship is riddled with mistakes and loving him has the potential to destroy her.

After shouldering his twin’s torture, Devin hovers on the verge of insanity. His life revolves around his family and recovering kidnapped shifter children. He never thought he’d have a mate or kids of his own until a rescue mission turns deadly. The beautiful female caught in the crosshairs stirs his mating instincts and tames his wild nature. Only her confusion over their intense attraction stops him from finishing their bond, but Devin’s persistent. He’ll convince his stubborn female that he’s the man she’s been waiting for—one passionate encounter at a time.

A Romantica® Paranormal erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave

Love letter from Devin to Lena

Dear Lena,

I wanted write you this letter because I have a hard time expressing my feelings. Yeah, I get that I don’t need to. With your soul bonded to mine, you know how I feel about you, but I’ve been told human females like these. So…here’s mine to you.

I don’t deserve you, Lena. I know what I am—a broken male who isn’t worthy of heaven. When I took Mira’s punishment and emerged from the shifter prison with a splintered mind, I thought I’d given up the chance for a family. It hurt knowing I’d be alone forever, but I accepted my fate because I knew I’d saved Mira from suffering. Three hundred years I existed, not lived. I went through the motions of living. I dallied with women. I laughed and joked with my pride members. I protected my loved ones. But not once in all those years did I know what true happiness was, not until I looked into your chocolate, angel eyes.

You’re my sanity, sweetheart. You’ve gathered the shards of my shattered mind and built them up around you. Your mere presence gives me peace. But your love? That, baby, has given me heaven. You are the center of my world. Everything I do from now until the world ends will start and end with you in mind.

I know I’m not the easiest male to live with. I’m possessive and obstinate. It’s my nature and something I can’t change, but you own me, Lena. Your scent, your touch, and your voice have tamed me. I’m as much yours to command as you are mine. We’re two halves of a whole and neither of us will ever be complete with the happiness of the other.

So we have eternity now to love each other and I promise you I’ll send every moment of it worshipping you. That, my angel, is my promise to you. I love you and thank you for making me into the male I was always meant to be.

Devin

About Me

I've always been an avid reader and encourage everyone to escape the hectic daily grind with a few minutes a day in your favorite book.

I'm lucky enough to share my cat's home with my three wonderful children, husband, dog and snake. When not writing, I work as a chemist in a pharmaceutical lab.

My passions beyond reading and family include music, classic cars, tattoos and animals (all of which have found their way into my writing in one form or another).

So that's a little bit about me...

Nancy

5 comments:

Nancy Corrigan said...

Thanks for allowing me to visit and share Devin's love letter to Lena!

Meg Benjamin said...

Thanks for visiting, Nancy!

Erin Nicholas said...

Hi, Nancy, welcome!

He's right... human females do like those ;)

Nancy Corrigan said...

Thanks!
I know I love getting them ;)

Skylar Kade said...

Nancy, I love me some tortured heroes! Thanks for stopping by and sharing :)