Monday, August 5, 2013

My Three Masters



 Back at the start of my erotic romance writing career, my ignorance was mind-boggling. I didn’t write with any sort of plan, I simply wrote the stories that came into my head. Or rather, I’d take images and spin them from a ball of tangled yarn into something that hopefully resembled a sweater. Or at least a scarf. I wrote a contemporary set in the Caribbean, another set in Maine, the saucy tale of a wayward receptionist -- then decided to experiment with a Regency romance.

Series? What was that? While I loved reading series, it seemed clear that my mind didn’t work that way. I was a “standalone” writer. A “one-off” writer interested in exploring a transformational moment in someone’s sexual journey. How the heck do you make a series out of that?

Well, my editors soon bonked me over the head with the obvious. If readers like the characters, they want to know more about them. They want to know what happens next. Hello, sequel? Ever heard of it? How about series? Ring a bell? So I got the message and continued Dana, Simon and Ethan’s story in the Receptionist series. I wrote another book set in Wild, Alaska. Now that I’m onboard the series train, I love it. I can revisit old characters, bring new things into their lives, throw new challenges at them, and create an entirely new story in a world I’ve already established. 

So now it’s the Marquis de Beaumont’s turn. In MY THREE LORDS he played a crucial role in Lady Alicia’s sexual discovery, but at the end the Marquis was left on the outside of the great love between Alicia and the Duke of Warrington. I decided the Marquis deserved his own story.

MY THREE MASTERS, out now from Ellora’s Cave, picks up the tale of the naughty lives of the Marquis, the Duke, the Earl and his Countess, with the addition of the lovely, scarred and mysterious nursemaid Miranda Brown. In MY THREE MASTERS, everyone’s back in all their scandalous glory, but the main story is the passionate love that develops between the Marquis and Miranda. This book has much more of a BDSM slant, as well as a vicious bad guy and some dark secrets.

With all these sequels flying around, it sure seems like I know what I’m doing, right? I confess that it’s still pretty much accidental. Oh, my editor wants a follow-up to MY THREE LORDS? Um, okay. Cue the wheels spinning. (If I’m lucky.) Maybe one of these days I’ll actually plan a series ahead of time. You never know.

Here’s the blurb for MY THREE MASTERS. You can read an excerpt here and buy the book here. 

It’s been years since the Marquis de Beaumont, London’s most notorious rake, felt anything more than sexual need. But something about the mysterious nursemaid Miranda Brown catches his eye. Why is her face so terribly scarred? Why does her speech slip into the cadence of the upper class? Why is she haunting his dreams?

Miranda is used to hiding in plain sight. After fleeing her vicious guardian, she’s wary of everyone, especially the Marquis, who stars in her most secret nighttime fantasies. But not even her fantasies could prepare her for the truth about the Marquis, the Duke, the Earl and the Countess…or for the intense passion that flares between them. As the secrets from her past begin to surface, she fears their fragile bond won’t survive, and that not even her three masters will be able to save her from a cruel fate.

Inside Scoop: This Regency-set tale boasts ménage, BDSM…just about everything you could possibly want in a hot historical. 
 Happy reading! 

Juniper

4 comments:

Erin Nicholas said...

My Three Lords was my first Juniper Bell book back when you first joined the NNN! :)

PG Forte said...

Yes! I'm so excited for the Marquis...and for me. I've been waiting a long time for this story. Congrats on the AWESOME new release!

kelly said...

Congrats Juniper!

Sydney Somers said...

Congrats on the new release, Juniper!