Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beautiful Bylines!

Last week, seven of the nine Naughties went to the RT Convention in Kansas City. I, unfortunately, wasn't able to be there.

But my RT Magazine article was.

I was pretty excited when I heard that my reunion romances article was going to be included in the June issue of RT Book Reviews magazine. That's one of the issues given out to attendees of the convention.

And there's my article, on pages 26-27.

I love writing non-fiction when I get the chance. Over the years, I've written a travel column in the local paper, a relationship series in a regional family magazine, various articles on child rearing and marriage, some "Chicken Soup"-style essays, and of course all the academic writing I'm required to do for my day job.

But this was the first article I've published in a national magazine.

The fact that it was a romance magazine was a definite bonus. I got to write about something I love, with the amazing assistance of some of the smartest, most helpful readers and writers in the genre.

If you were at RT, you got a copy. If not, it's on newsstands now! 

And thanks to the people who so generously agreed to be interviewed for this article. Check them out below!

Authors


Readers/Bloggers

Mandi Schreiner from Smexy Books
Ginny McNeil

3 comments:

Chantilly White said...

Terrific article, Kate, and thanks so much for including me! Your questions were a lot of fun to answer and got me really thinking about my writing and what I love about it all. Congratulations on the great placement (and timing!)

:)
Chantilly

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

LOVED the article! Thank you so much for including me in this fantastic article! xoxo

Kate Davies said...

Thank you two, so much! I couldn't have done it without you. And I loved seeing what everyone said about reunion romances. I could have written an article ten times as long!