Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BFFs

I love friends.

I love my friends, I love reading about friends, I love watching friends interact.

So when I started planning my novella trilogy, The Girls Most Likely To,  I knew that the friendship Tess, Bree, and Kelsey share was vital to the storylines. Although each book is about the journey to love for a different couple, the thread that holds them together is the friendship of these women who've known each other for so many years.

They share each other's memories, in a way. They remember the crushes, the inside jokes, the little details that make them individuals. They know what matters and what's fluff. And it's their friendship that helped shape them into the people they are today.

So even though the word count is limited in a novella, I included scenes where the three of them interact, whether the guys are around or not. (Although it does get interesting when they're included!) Because I know when dramarama happens in my own life, my friends have got my back. No way would these three leave each other to navigate the treacherous waters of their reunion alone.

Yeah, they snark and complain and are sometimes a little thoughtless. But in the end, they're there for each other. And that's what really counts, doesn't it?

No comments: