Friday, June 29, 2012

Yummy Summer Goodness

One of the things I adore about my boyfriend is that he can cook. Not only that, that he loves to cook. Master Chef (pretty easy to see where he got his nickname lol) has introduced me to lots of new food that my picky self would have or had ignored in the past. I now have many new favorites that I have no idea how I hadn't tried before we met.

First up, Brushetta. I have to admit I hadn't even had baguette dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar (which I also love) before he came along and now I'm addicted to the bread, the cheese (we've been using goat cheese lately) the fresh basil and tomatoes loaded on bread. Yummy!

I'm a potato lover through and through and when I first tried twice-baked potatoes I was pretty damn sure I had gone to heaven. All the mashed up goodness mixed with sour cream and cheese and green onions and more cheese and then cooked again.

Another new favorite would have to be Watermelon salad. Watermelon, sweet sesame seeds, fresh mint, feta cheese (I'm seeing a trend here with the cheese) balsamic vinegar....

Is anyone else hungry yet?

What are your favorite foods? Discover anything new lately?

2 comments:

PG Forte said...

well I know I'm starving now...and I'm on a liquid diet until tomorrow. REALLY bad timing. :/ But great post!

Kelly Jamieson said...

Mmmm. Summer's a great time for bruschetta! And I'd forgotten about twice baked potatoes. Huh. I should make those!