Monday, January 16, 2012

C'mon Spring

Top five reasons I cannot wait for spring...

1. My hands get freakishly cold when I'm typing during the winter months. I keep telling myself I need a pair a gloves with the fingertips cut off, but never quite get around to it. Apparently losing feeling in my fingers motivates me to keep writing???

2. The closer we get to March/April the less the meteorologists will talk like we're all waiting for the snow to really hit. What are these people smoking? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not losing any sleep over the fact that mother nature is keeping all those fluffy snowflakes of doom to herself.

3. Warmer Weather. It tends to be sunny a lot of the winter where I live, especially this year with very little snow, but I'm talking splash in the ocean while pretending it's not turning your toes an unnatural shade of blue warm, sitting around with a cold beer and steaks grilling on the BBQ warm, rolling yourself in baby oil and baking on a sandy beach warm. Just for the record the latter is not my thing, but I'm always greatly amused by those who lather up like a marinated turkey while the rest of us drench ourselves in SPF50.

4. Spring puts us that much closer to summer. Enough said.

5. I don't actually have a fifth reason, and need to get back to writing and freezing my hands. :)

And since nothing passes the time on a -18F day like curling up with a good book, what are you guys reading right now? I just finished AngelFall by Susan Ee (loved it, only .99 on Amazon) and now I'm reading Kresley Cole's, Lothaire.

3 comments:

Katie O'Connor said...

I just finished a boring read about the importance of water to your body. The author knew nothing .... he claimed that the body had no need for coffee. Can you imagine? What does he know?

I am also quite enjoying "Unbreakable." I've just started it, but I am already hooked. Clearly no work will get done today.

kelly said...

I can't complain much about winter this year, seeing as it apparently just started. We hardly have any snow and it's been unbelievably mild until the last few days. The river still isn't frozen enough for skating and the community center had to close the rinks for a few days because the ice was too soft. Skiing is out of the question this year.

Even so I'll be happy to see spring too!

PG Forte said...

We're having a freakishly cold winter, so I feel your pain. To the point where I've given up the fingerless gloves and learned to type with actual gloves.